Ozone, best known for its protective role in the earth's ecological harmony, and for its interaction at ground level with industrial pollutants, has unique biological properties which are being investigated for applications in various medical fields.
Ozone is one of the therapies used by health care professionals across the planet. In fact more and more clinics, doctors and countries are now researching and using Medical Ozone Therapy as an Alternative source for healing. The action of ozone has beneficial effects on every part and organ. Some of the effects are:
- Ozone Therapy stimulates the production of white blood cells. These cells protect the body from viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer. If, deprived of oxygen, these cells malfunction.
- Interferon levels are significantly increased. Interferons are globular proteins. Interferons orchestrate every aspect of the immune system, inhibit viral replication.
- Ozone Therapy stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor. TNF is produced by the body when a tumor is growing.
- Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque. It breaks down the plaque involved in both Arteriosclerosis and Arthrosclerosis.
- Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells.
- Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Krebs Cycle or TCA Cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolysis of carbohydrates for energy.
- Ozone makes the antioxidant enzyme system more efficient.
- Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system.
Ozone therapy is harmless when used properly and has virtually no side effects. It is one of the most effective ways of restoring optimal levels of oxygen. Its actions have beneficial effects on every part that will stimulate the bodies immune system.